Tuesday 16 August 2011

Designer Doubles

Good things come to those who wait! Guinness was definitely onto something with that line. Unfortunately for them, I haven’t been waiting for a pint but French Connection’s Anna Lace Dress in ‘lake’ blue.

At £110 though, I was going to be waiting a long time. This is hardly expensive to some people but, as an unemployed ex-student on the waiting list for a job at Primark, it’s a luxury I cannot afford right now. For the past few weeks, I’ve had to walk past my local branch, trying to ignore the mannequin posing in my dress and laughing to her equally well clad friends in Spotlight Knit Cap Sleeve Dresses and Symphony Peep Toe Court Shoes.

Ergh, it’s enough to make you sick, only I have now found the economical edition of this lacy number from boohoo.com for a mere £20!

It’s desperately sad that I get my thrills from having one over on a plastic dummy but yeh who’s laughing now French Connection window mannequin?!

I realise it is not an exact copy but the darker tone will be perfect for winter and I love a skater skirt (young, fun and great for creating curves). Anyway, I'll be ordering my version and shall let you know how the quality compares.

Designer inspired High-Street products have also been catching my eye recently:


Alexander McQueen A/W 2011
  
All Saints Ayame Maxi Dress £180

Marc Jacobs A/W 2011

Topshop Spot Print Jacket £55

Moschino A/W 2011
River Island Black Colour Block Peplum Dress £45

 
Stella McCartney A/W 2011

Warehouse Spot Mesh Crepe Dress £60

What do you think? Would you go for quality over price? xx

No comments:

Post a Comment